Funding of Learnership programmes provides numerous benefits for businesses, beyond the critical role that it plays towards equipping a portion of the high number of unemployed young people in the country, and hereby addressing the local skills gap.
A Learnership Programme serves as an entry point for young people into the industry and workplace, broadening their further understanding of workplace practices. On successful completion of the 12 month programme, Learners received a nationally recognised National Qualifications Framework (NQF) certification. Learnership students are exposed to an actual on-the-job environment, thereby giving them a competitive advantage over applicants with no experience.
Employers that engage in Learnership programmes have the benefit of acquiring a skilled workforce that can be employed on completion of a 12 month Learnership programme. They are thus ensured of a competent workforce, who attained both theoretical and practical knowledge. Corporates benefit from minimised productivity downtime, whilst the high cost associated with the acquisition of new entrants into the workplace, is hereby eliminated.
In order to ensure maximum value for Learnership programmes, Torque IT takes the administrative burden away from the Employer by facilitating and coordinating all administration on behalf of the Client. By so doing, the Business can focus on their bottom line, knowing that they are contributing towards the upliftment and employability of young people in South Africa, without the associated administrative responsibilities.
A Learnership involves three main parties:
- The Business/ the Employer, who can also be the sponsor/ funder of the Learnership programme
- The Training Provider, the Facilitator of the programme
- The Learner, the Benefactor and potential Employee
Torque IT offers the following SAQA accredited qualifications:
- NQF Level 3 | National Certificate: Information Technology: End User Computing
- NQF Level 4 | Further Education and Training Certificate: Information Technology: Technical Support
- NQF Level 4 | Further Education and Training Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Development
- NQF Level 5 | National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support
- NQF Level 5 | National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Development